10/16/11

sunset photos, beach photos, etc..

There hasn't been a lot of sun here on cape cod lately, it's as if our winter (which is mostly rain and snow) is starting too early for me. I'm missing the summer sun and all its brightness. We did have a couple stellar days where it was high 70's, low humidity and bright sun. The sunset for those couple of days were amazing; a spectacular sunset that brought people out of their houses and onto the beach to just stand, be silent and watch. It was almost like being back in California--it was breathtaking; the colors, the air, the calmness of the ocean.

sunset dennis 1

IMG_6169-1

IMG_6175

These photos were taken at corporation beach in dennis, mass. Can you imagine living in this house with those views?

IMG_6094
Love finding little critters in the ocean at low tide.

IMG_6107

IMG_5987
Found this little guy in my backyard swimming in the sun.

IMG_6177-1
You know for a couple years now I've been waiting for the perfect timing to occur and capture a shot of the cape cod railroad. Finally got one! If you ever come to the cape you should try this, it's fun in the off season months like october when it's not as packed. The rail travels along the great cape salt marsh to cape cod canal; they're infamous for traveling through the cow tunnels: one cow high, one cow wide. They give you a scenic/narrated tour along the trail, along with a great lunch or dinner. It's worth it if you are a history buff.

IMG_5992
We still have massive seal sightings on the cape cod national seashore. Can you see the seal? They are huge; some of them are just as big if not bigger than a shark. It's moments like this when I wish I had a fancy camera, but the iphone gets great shots for now.

IMG_6100
I love when the tide is low and you can wade through the water, searching for all kinds of critters.

IMG_6095

Remember last winter when I introduced you to Mabel? She's back, having her pre-evening stroll. She's quite the character, and must say hello to EVERYONE on the beach before walking home.

IMG_6186

The swells at cape cod national seashore have been pretty big, well pretty big for cape cod. A good handful of surfers out making the most of it. The weather this weekend was perfect. I'm really going to miss summer, so not ready for winter.

IMG_6188

19 comments:

  1. With all of these gorgeous photos I am missing ther summer months as well, but with it fall brings pumpkins:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!! I hope y'all get a few more gorgeous days before the cold sets in for good. That turtle and bulldog are both so cute! love!! Thank you (always) for your sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos. I still dont remember getting my invite to come up and visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing such beautiful photos. I oftentimes wished I lived closer to the coastline. The ocean sure does make a beautiful landscape to look out onto.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! That little crab is freaking adorable. Glad you're enjoying those sunsets before the winter kicks in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, as always, Dawn! Mable is so cute. And I love that you had a turtle in your yard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the beach too! I want summer to last longer... too! There's always the tropics ;) Awesome pics with your iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your blog....it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful pics! I couldn't agree more---please stay summer! I'm still in denial that Winter is quickly approaching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What could possibly be better than Cape Cod in fall? Your photos are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely photos. It looks so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh it looks lovely! I hope to visit the Cod one day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I visited Massachusetts for the first time this summer and -- even though real winter is still a couple months away in the Carolinas -- these photos are making me miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those photos!! and hi mabel :) here's to a few more good days!

    ReplyDelete
  15. De bien belles images
    Je te souhaite un bon mercredi

    Valérie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww, look at those little critters! See, you can have a taste of California where you are. The color of the sun over the water is gorge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cake Dawn. It just speak fall to me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the tips - we hope to be in Cape Cod soon

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Share

Get This