12/28/12

blondies with chocolate truffles and cookie butter drizzle

Actual occurrence:
I have a bag of my favorite dark chocolate truffles (see photo below) sitting on counter.
I do not want to open truffles for fear of eating the whole bag.
(warning: the dark chocolate truffles from Whole Foods taste really good!)
So what do I do?
Bake with them, that way I cannot eat the whole bag.
Seems logical to me, right?
Well, it worked.  And I got a new recipe out from it!
Win win.
I swear blondies are the perfect baking vessel for leftover candy.
IMG_1255
IMG_1256
IMG_1221
IMG_1223
IMG_1254
IMG_1246

I'm having too much fun with the cookie butter drizzle.
I also made these cookie butter rice krispie treats.
Seriously "the" only way to make a rice krispie treat from now on.
Untitled
cookie butter rice krispie treats

blondies with chocolate truffles and cookie butter drizzle

10 TB unsalted butter, room temp
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 (heaping) ts baking powder
3/4 ts salt
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 ts pure vanilla extract
about 12-15 chocolate truffles (or you could use Hershey kisses—dark chocolate would work best)

cookie butter drizzle:
½ cup cookie butter
½ -1 TB vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Grease up an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray or butter or if you prefer using parchment paper then do so.
In medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
In a glass or cup, mix the eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
In a large bowl mix the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; cream on medium speed until smooth and fluffy.  Then add in eggs and vanilla mixing well.
Pour batter into prepared pan; spread with a rubber spatula or wet hands.
Place the chocolate truffles on top of batter.
Bake in oven for about 25-35 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into blondies comes out “almost” clean; okay to have a few bits of crumb on the cake tester. 
Cooking times vary depending on oven, so please check at 25-minute mark. 
Cool brownies at least an hour.
In a small saucepan heat up the vegetable oil, over low heat, add in the cookie butter. 
Stir until nice and creamy.  Drizzle melted cookie butter over cooled brownies.
Cut into squares.  You should get about 10-12 squares depending on how you cut them.

16 comments:

  1. Truffles in blondies? PERFECT! Blondies are my favorite baked good, so this version is absolutely sensational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sinfully delicious! I'm the same way with certain items...I just can't buy them because I will chomp through the whole bag! Happy (almost) New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's funny how i'm the same way with certain things :) at least then i can give away the baked goods... after eating three right out of the oven :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - these look phenomenal! Yummy. The cookie butter drizzle is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truffles baked into blondies with the cookie butter glaze - you speak my language and I love every single element going on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love biscoff...these look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know which part's most tempting: Blondies, truffles or cookie buttah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait..this means I will eat the whole pan of blondies....your trick wont work on me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eating the entire bag through blondies sounds like a very tasty challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm obsessed with cookie butter! Though blondies are pretty awesome as is, adding cookie butter must make them even better

    ReplyDelete
  11. That all sounds well and good...except I would totally then just eat the whole batch of blondies. So...same end result. But still...love these. I hear blondies are the new brownies this year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh, neat idea! i love the height on your blondies and that drizzle is stellar!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um yum!!! This looks sooo delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Huh, so weird. I got back from California and there was no box of blondies at my door. Dawn!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, these sound outrageously amazing! I need to get my hands on some truffles!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm drooling, these are over the top amazing! You've also reminded me that we're out of cookie butter. I must fix that problem!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Share

Get This