12/19/12

nutty cookie butter rice krispie treats

IMG_1280
I love the taste of cookie butter.
I use it on almost everything that I would use peanut butter on: cookie butter & banana sandwich,
on my morning oatmeal, in my curry chicken, in my protein smoothie, etc...endless really.
The other day I saw the rounds of holiday rice krispie treats and thought instantly of why not use cookie butter in rice krispie treats.
I mean why hasn't anyone done this?
This batch I made on the fly, last minute and didn't know what would go with it, so I used white chocolate, and a bit of chopped pecans for a touch of texture.
The next time I make this I want to add in a touch of cream cheese for a hint of savory.
So if you make this, keep that in mind.
IMG_0897
And for any of you last-minute louie gift seekers, this was made literally in 15 minutes.
Just saying!
IMG_1287
IMG_0900
Do I even need to stress to you how insanely good they are?
Do you have a last minute party?
Trust me trust me when I say you will wow your friends with this.
They will be saying "oh my gosh, what is that taste?--It's so good!"

nutty cookie butter rice krispie treats

6 TB unsalted butter
6 ounces good quality white chocolate chips
use ¾ of an 11 ounce jar of cookie butter
a couple generous pinches of sea salt
10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
5 cups rice krispies
½ - ¾ cup of finely chopped & toasted pecans, optional but wonderful

for the cookie butter drizzle:
½ cup cookie butter
1 TB vegetable oil

Spray a 13 x 9-inch rectangular pan. Or line up with parchment paper.
In a large saucepan, over low heat, melt the butter. 
Just as the butter is almost all melted, add in the white chocolate and cookie butter. 
Keep stirring this and make sure not to let the bottom burn. 
Add in a couple generous size pinches of sea salt.
When this is almost all melted, add the marshmallows and keep stirring!
Once the marshmallows are all melted, take off heat and add in the rice krispies and nuts. 
Working fast, stir till combined. 
Pour mixture into prepared pan, using a spatula or your hands push down to place evenly and into all corners.
Let cool before drizzling with cookie butter drizzle.
If you want cookie butter drizzle, simply melt the ½ cup or so of cookie butter with the 1 TB of vegetable oil over low heat. 
Stirring constantly till all melted. 
Then just drizzle on rice krispie bars using a spoon.

To cut into bars use a sharp knife. 
Should make about 15-20 bars depending on how you slice them.  

16 comments:

  1. Oh my niece would love these. Heck, I would! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super excited for this one, Dawn! xoxox and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Biscoff! Just made something with it today, too! And for a post next week, made some with Rice Krispies. Wow we are on the SAME wavelength. These look amazing Dawn - I love ALL The flavors. White choc, cookie butter, butter. YES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you really use cookie butter in your curry chicken? You be cray! You can def send me some of these treats when I'm in CA next week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Curry Chicken sounds like a good use for cookie butter. I love Biscoff and have been trying to use it in ways that I'm not just adding a wheat product to another wheat product, like spreading it on bread. I haven't gotten much beyond swirling it in cheesecake or pumpkin something. We know how to make Speculaas. This could be dangerous, but I think you should figure out how to make cookie butter so we can mix up a quart whenever we want. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I knew someone would love my curry chicken meets cookie butter idea.

      Delete
  6. I'm a cookie butter fiend as well. Except mine rarely ever makes it anywhere other than into my belly. I'll have to convince myself to reserve some for these though. Major yum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been playing around with this idea forever. Looks like it turns out great! Biscoff and bananas is one of the best flavor combinations ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen cookie butter before. Thanks for the tip and the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you've gone and heartified rice krispie treats! very terrific ingredients, dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah! I picked up a jar of cookie butter after you used it in a cookie recipe awhile ago. I still haven't opened it. I have a feeling this recipe WILL be made in my kitchen soon. YUM!

    Happy holidays Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A terrific treat! Such bars are absolutely irresistible.

    Happy Holidays!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the drizzle on top of these - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I'm the only person that hasn't decided if I like cookie butter or not :/....I've just started sharing my favorite bloggers' blog posts on my blog and I know I'm going to end up highlighting your fun recipes every week for my friends! (www.sfbakedlove.com)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Share

Get This