9/21/12

friday links

Happy Friday!

Today I was able to see gorgeous waves AND a giant rainbow--all in one day.
Had to share them with you.

IMG_0403
Nauset light beach in Eastham, MA.  Just one of my surfing buds out today.  Water temp. 64-66?  I think.

IMG_0394
Nauset light beach again.  This is where I walk to strengthen my quads.  The sand is deep, yet soft, so it's easy on the knees.  Funny how this end of the cape was dark and cloudy and the other end was sunny.

IMG_0398
And now closer to home, the rainbow we saw tonight was absolutely stunning and thick too.  Never saw a rainbow width that wide before (if that makes sense). This was taken at town neck beach--boardwalk side. 

IMG_0401
Here is the other end of the rainbow.  Hard to see, but it's in the middle of the two houses.  This is when I wish I had one of those fancy zoom lens cameras.  The sunsets on cape cod are memorable.

Today is the last day of summer.  Booo.
I'm sad.  I'm a sun-loving water girl; I hate to see summer go.
When I was younger I loved the fall and loved the snow in winter
Now any weather under 80 degrees and I'm frozen.
Could be old age, who knows.  I do know for a fact, that come February I get a small case of the blues--SAD (seasonal affective disorder).
This is one of the reasons hubby is working so hard (god bless and love him) to get us back out to cali.
No snow there and plenty of sunshine.
I would be curious to know if any of my readers suffer from SAD?
What do you do to keep it at bay or minimize it?
I up my fish oil, stay outside more since they say even being outside even if it's cloudy the outside/sky illuminations helps the brain.

7997392733_d6d3dfef7f_o
My friend has made coconut cupcakes with marshmallow creme frosting.  I adore coconut cupcakes.
She has one of those fancy schmancy cameras and is quite good with it too.

How 1-hour on Sundays will change your life.  What do you think?

Photo booth art from around the world.

Carole Feuerman sculptures. Hand painted resin sculptures that look exactly like humans.
You have to see her work.

How to make Jello worms (just in time for Halloween).

387558_10151080800057939_623137625_n
Interesting.  Saw this at Whole Foods.  Had no idea that Kale had that much Vitamin C.  Did you?

What your belly fat really means.

Why CrossFit is getting popular with women.

Oh I love this!  Getting the best hamstring stretch.

And for those of you who love to stretch moreso than working out, this new book maybe for you.  Ballet Beautiful.  I firmly believe that stretching is a great way to strengthen and tone up the body.

41QJxF+AjQL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_
Ballet Beautiful is great book!  I highly recommend this if you want to be more flexible and want a change up from your yoga routine.  Definitely not as hard as the NYC Ballet Workout book.  Remember that one? Oh that was hard.

Read an interview with Jennifer Graham, author of "Honey, do you need a ride? Confessions of a fat runner". 



Learn more about the craze of this new book: The Whole 30: A Paleo Diet.

Screen-shot-2012-09-19-at-7.59.46-AM-640x422

High levels of arsenic in our rice.  How sad is this? 

Slow cooker recipes that are fairly healthy. (I'm making the breakfast burritos!).

10 awesome bunkers (just in case the world ends). 

Gorgeous lighthouses from around the world. 


7 natural energy boosters! (I disagree with the bee pollen--I still think that is all hype). 

10 different ways to dress up your egg salad

Repel house flies with clove? 


Good food on a tight budget



Have a great weekend everyone!



8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pics you took today and I know what you mean about wishing you had a certain lens at a certain time - invariably, whenever I leave my camera at home, that's when I see like 80899 super cool things all in like an hour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, think the bee pollen is hype. Regarding the arsenic & rice, Consumer Reports is just catching up ... http://www.nature.com/news/2005/050801/full/news050801-5.html Until DDT, arsenic was the pesticide of choice for lots of things like cotton, apple orchards, etc. http://soils.tfrec.wsu.edu/leadhistory.htm Unfortunately the residual stays in the soil. My house, in Pennsylvania, is on land that used to be one of the state's largest orchards. We've always had public water from a local artesian well, but homes in the next township had well water found to have high amounts of arsenic. :-(
    Personally I'm old and still love the change of seasons. We even go places where the seasons are even more extreme than our own. If I could afford it, I'd move to Trondheim, Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In france, a lot of people suffer from what you call SAD. It's very known. The less sunlight have something to deal with our bad feelings.
    I'm lucky : i live in the east south of france and there's a lot of sun.
    I understand each person who suffer from this "disease".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures!
    I'm with you on the SAD thing... I grew up in FL but now live in TN where there are actual seasons. Seasons are lovely, but the whole gray/brown vista takes a real toll on me by late January or early February. I try to be outside more during those months and run or hike or do SOMETHING cardio-ish several times a week. That, and my husband arranges for me to go "home" to FL for a few days when I start to turn into a grizzly after too many days without sunshine!
    On a side note, I had a dream last night where I was hunting down blue gummi bears. I wonder what that meant!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those pictures, especially the first one with the rainbow! The 10 bunkers were pretty funky and I really want to make that diy pumpkin spice latte - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey. If you are looking to buy harness lingerie at MarieMur, here are some tips from me. If you have a figure with minor flaws, choose bodysuits, corsets, or grace. In addition to the aesthetic component, these types of lingerie will be able to correct the figure. Choose underwear in such a way that your body is attracted, not bewildering. Choose from silk, satin, or lace. Although cotton underwear is considered the most useful and comfortable, it looks too simple. To dazzle and make the night magical, choose lingerie from more expensive and better quality fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks For Sharing!!
    Looking to buy a sexy Body harness in Canada visit Temptation Avenue. We provide a large assortment of sexy body harnesses for all tastes and desires at the most affordable price. Explore now for more info.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey. If you're planning to purchase lingerie with a sexy harness at Miya Lingerie Here are a few suggestions from me. If you've got a figure that has minor flaws, you should consider corsets, bodysuits or even grace. Along with the aesthetic aspect, these kinds of lingerie can be used to improve the appearance of your figure. Select your underwear in so that your body will be attracted to you, and not confused. Select from satin, silk or the lace. Although cotton underwear is regarded as to be the most comfortable and useful however, it is too plain. To impress and make the night memorable, pick your lingerie from the most expensive and more luxurious fabric

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Share

Get This