2/1/12

The best sloppy joe's

IMG_6032

Are you a BBQ sauce junkie? I am. Some of the best BBQ sauce I've ever had in my life. I've made 1001 uses for it. The best part? It's all ingredients you can understand and are familiar with. And has real maple syrup in it! Maple syrup is one of the best ingredients for chili's, BBQ sauce, glazes for grilling, etc....
When I find a really good product, I can't help but tell all. I'll even make sure to tell people in the grocery store.
They did not pay me to do this post (I mean I wish they would in cases of BBQ sauce for me and my fans--I would gladly take that). But this post is all my own opinion. You need to try this if you are a BBQ sauce junkie like me.
Next time you go to whole foods, look for this special sauce. It's amazing on grilled chicken, steak, and even tofu. And I have used this on salads too. Amazing.

the best sloppy joes

the best sloppy joes
print recipe

Note: found this BBQ sauce at whole foods and am in love with it.
It’s very tangy, sweet and not too salty. Has a list of ingredients that you can understand; very versatile with almost any dish.
You can use chicken or even grilled tofu works really well in this dish. Feel free to use any veggies you desire.

1 lb of meat (hamburg, chicken or tofu chunks), cooked/fried/baked/etc.
3 or more bell peppers, sautéed
1 large onion, sautéed
½ bottle (or more) of the Butternut mountain BBQ sauce
Toasted onion buns

Fry up or grill up the meat of your choice; sauté the veggies. Then mix all together in a pot with the sauce; heat up and serve over toasted buns.
Leftovers are amazing on salads!

19 comments:

  1. Nothing beats a good BBQ sauce so I will be putting this on my grocery list for this weekend. Thanks for sharing mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bell peppers in there--I haven't made sloppy joe's in awhile...last year I made a version that has pistachios and raisins in it that was fabulous. I'm all about adding some creativity in there so I'll have to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm I want to try it! I am a big sloppy joe fan. And I love how you can use the leftover meat on top of salads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm. They look perfect to me! I'll have to check out that sauce. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this idea! i'll do it with tofu or tempeh sometime for my man...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love BBQ sauce, my favorite being homemade, followed by the one they sell at Trader Joe's for when I don't have time to make it from scratch. The sloppy joes look delicious. I haven't had one in years. I guess I am long overdue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love sauces and condiments. I like a little food with my sauce, ya know? :)

    And sweet-ish savory sauces, like this with maple syrup are soooo me!

    Two random facts...I love Manwich. I grew up on the stuff and it's like saying I love twinkies, I'll admit it. But the other random fact is that it's vegan (til you add meat to it, of course) but I could just go to town on sloppy joe sauce. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am all stoked then realize I can't get this sauce because there is no Whole Foods here in Albany :( LOOKS AMAZING. I would definitely find a use for it with tofu!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOOOOOVVVEEE!! I am a barbecue sauce junkie, this is my kind of sloppy joe!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm super picky about my BBQ sauce but don't think I've ever seen this at Whole Foods! On Friday when I go...it's ON.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I grew up eating these - the lousy 70's version though. The sauce looks great too. How can you go wrong with a sauce made out of maple syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tout à fait le genre de grignotage que j'aime
    Je te souhaite une bon jeudi,chez moi la température annonce -10°C et il neige !!
    Valérie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic! I've been craving comfort foods from my childhood & this is making me drool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh, i'll have to keep an eye out for that sauce!! that slider looks nothing short of amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, those look terrific! What a great treat. So comforting.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  16. that sauce sounds amazing...makes me wish we had a whole foods ANYWHERE around here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are some seriously good looking sloppy joes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy Cow, do you hear my stomach growling???

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't had sloppy joe's in such a long time. I will definitely have to pick up this sauce the next time I am at WholeFoods. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Share

Get This