11/6/11

pumpkin-cream cheese cinnamon rolls

IMG_6294

It's amazing the amount of emails I receive, thanking me for the Trader Joe creations. To be honest, I wasn't sure if they might go over well, but glad to hear most of you enjoy them. I know most of them are semi-homemade, but in this tough economy saving money when making meals is a top priority of mine; you can imagine the amount of money I spend on food for creating recipes. Thank goodness Trader Joe's products are so versatile, user-friendly, what else (besides cheap?). Oh you know where I'm going with this......
I do get a lot of inspiration when Trader Joe's has the product sampling. Does yours do sampling? I imagine they all do. Last time I was at Trader Joe's, four days ago, they had samples of the rice balls with marinara, they were good. But what really caught my attention was the girl behind the counter serving the samples was quieting working on these cake ball like things. So being the chatty person that I am I asked her what she was making. She took the TJ's pumpkin bread mix, made them into cake balls with some agave, let them chill/firm up in the fridge and then was dipping them in white chocolate. She had made a small batch for the employees to try before launching onto them to the public. Interesting for sure. Pumpkin bread cake balls; might give that a try....would you?

IMG_6267

Remember the peanut butter cream cheese cinnamon rolls topped with bacon that I did a while back? Well that is where I got the inspiration for these pumpkin ones. The instant cinnamon rolls from trader Joe's are so good, so easy and always beg to be kicked up somehow.

IMG_6262
IMG_6265

pumpkin-cream cheese cinnamon rolls
print recipe

1 pack of Trader Joe’s Cinnamon Rolls (in the can)
2-3 TB plain pumpkin puree
4-5 ounces of cream cheese, room temp
A few dashes of pumpkin pie spice
A few dashes of cinnamon
¼ cup of crushed pecans or walnuts, optional

Note: I thought I was going to need a bit of confectioners' sugar, but I did not. The icing pack that came with the cinnamon rolls was plenty sweet.

Bake cinnamon rolls according to package directions.

Take the icing pack that came with the cinnamon rolls and place in a bowl along with the pumpkin puree, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Stir until well mixed. Set aside.
When rolls are done baking, immediately put the pumpkin-cream cheese mix over the rolls. Top with extra spices if desired and crushed nuts.
Serve immediately.
(they don’t keep well for the next day)

33 comments:

  1. ooh, you certainly kicked these up a notch :) yum...

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the holidays coming up, I think we all need a good semi-homemade recipe. This is for sure a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waw!! You are so creative, girl! The endresult says it all!!!

    Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids would go nuts over these. Our TJ's does sample but it seems like every time I am in there with my boys, it's something with chicken. They get very disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Jesus!! I am dying here in Delaware!! Love this!! *THUD*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures ... and the rolls look simply scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum I don't think you could find a better flavor combo for cinnamon rolls. I'm dying to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg i am soooo making these with the can of cinnamon rolls i have in the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look amazing!
    I love Trader Joe's but there isn't one close enough to campus for me to get all the TJ's stuff that I love! I'll definitely be trying these when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just had my first visit to a Trader Joe's and they were doing a tasting, butternut squash concoction, sure wish this is what they had for their tasting! I had been looking for a Trader Joes for years, sadly this one only had 4 aisles, but I found plenty to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, may have to try these. The ingredient list on the TJs cinnamon roll is a lot less scary than a certain blue can that appears nationwide.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sheesh, how good does that look?

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are totally on a pumpkin kick!!! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yup, I'd do the pumpkin bread cake balls! I'd do these pumpkin cinnamon rolls to!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tragically I haven't gotten to hit up trader joe's for some goodies in FAR too long. But you keep inspired to get my butt in that store...and to make it just a little bit wider with some cinnamon rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look heavenly! I just placed them in my to make folder!!

    www.joshandashleysworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Quelle bien gourmande douceur
    Je te souhaite un bon mardi

    Valérie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. During the holidays we are always looking for ways to cut corners as well as keep the cost and time factor down. These do just that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your pumpkin rolls look great. I live in the Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania and we have no Trader Joe's. We have not been deemed worthy of one. So sad. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi

    Any chance you'll allow full feeds (RSS)? It will really help me read you more.
    It hides somewhere in the blog definitions.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my that is such a yummy treat. I would love to have a Trader's Joe around here. When I visit US I always stop in one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I repeat. Why don't we have a Trader Joe's around here???? And I don't think those Pillsbury ones are going to do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I swear by Trader Joe's and do most of my shopping there. I had the cinnamon rolls once at the tasting table and they were awesome. I love that you made them into pumpkin flavored rolls - this is genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohh does that ever look good!

    ReplyDelete
  25. you know how negatively i feel about pumpkin, so while i think these cinnamon rolls are ruined, i still acknowledge that it's a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is quite decadent. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW! These look to die for! I love cinnamon rolls as it is, but pumpkin cream cheese cinnamon rolls?? Now this is a whole different level! Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I thought today was the day you'd pick the winner of the drawing for the 4 cookbooks? I am on pins and needles!

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG; what a decadently sinful treat! I'm drooling.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  30. What an awesome way to take TJs cinnamon rolls to a whole new level - I heart TJs :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. looking at these make me think about the treadmill but I cannot wait to try them. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  32. These look insanely delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Share

Get This