4/17/11

quick and easy bacon, pb, cream cheese cinnamon rolls


Love finding creative ways to kick up even the most simplest of ingredients/products at Trader Joe's. It seems every time I go there there is always some new product. For those that follow me on Twitter, you know that when I do go there I'm always sharing photos of the latest finds. One of the latest finds that I had to finally give a try was the cinnamon rolls. They are next to the buttermilk biscuits in the refrigerator section, usually close to the dairy products.
The rolls are ok. They are very light, not heavy at all which is good. I like a lighter cinnamon roll especially if I'm going have a lot of stuff on it. Gotta balance the stuff to bread ratio. It's strange that there are only five rolls in a pack (why 5 I don't know, where did the 6th one go? To trader joe himself?). It also says "jumbo" on the package--I just don't think they are jumbo, certainly not small, but rather med-large size. They taste good when I added the extra flavors; I just wish there was more cinnamon filling inside the rolls of dough--just wasn't enough. Would I buy them again? Sure. Very easy to put together, and the best part very easy to kick up a few notches.




quick & easy pb, bacon, cream cream cinnamon rolls
print recipe

1 pack of Trader Joe’s Cinnamon Rolls (in the can)
2-3 TB of Trader Joe’s peanut butter-cream cheese
3-4 strips of cooked bacon, crumbled
A few dashes of cinnamon, optional

Cook 3 – 4 strips of bacon until crispy. Crumble into small pieces, set aside.

Bake cinnamon rolls according to package directions. Take the sugar topping in the cinnamon pack and mix with 2-3 TB of the Trader Joe Peanut Butter-cream cheese in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until well mixed and melted.
When rolls are done baking pour the pb-cream frosting over the rolls, top with the bacon, and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.

42 comments:

  1. i love you. when are we opening up our bed and breakfast on the cape?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the title of your post out loud to Josh because I just couldn't believe it at first ;) Such a creative lady you are :) TJs...can't wait for you to open in Charleston (JULY!!). 5 is sort of an odd number.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loooove when you do posts like this! more more more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make sure to eat something before visiting your site - that way, I'm not clawing at the screen, trying to get at one of your crazy-delish creations, like these babies. It's not working.... [clawing - drooling - clawing]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly do not think it is very fair of you to post these for me to read. My mouth salivated. Not a good read at 9:45 at night when my cravings are at their worst. Mmmmm.they look soooo damn good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha too funny, we're on the same wavelength...i used 3 of those 4 ingredients in a recipe this weekend, to be posted tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These take these to a whole new level!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I haven't seen the rolls or that spread at TJs. I need to try the pb/cream cheese combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good gawd, it's bad enough that every time I go to Trader Joe's, I walk out with twice as many things as I expected to buy. Now, you tell me, they're making cinnamon rolls AND peanut butter cream cheese?? OMG! I'm done for now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. And here it is morning and I haven't eaten breakfast yet. OMG, I wish these were waiting in the kitchen right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read the title and new I had to click...you got me with bacon and PB! These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa! I wish I had the on the spot food creativity that you do. These look even better than they sound and I HATE peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Guess where I am going today... Trader Joe's. You always make me drool woman!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going to grab those the next time I hit up Trader Joes and test them out on the kids. Incredible pairing especially with the PB being in the mix too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Selfishly, I love it when you out-do yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This weekend was the first time I saw that PB cream cheese spread at Trader Joe's! I was amazed. This is one crazy use for it... and by crazy, I mean AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy shit. That's all I have to say about that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great cinnamon rolls especially with the cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have yet to try a sweet recipe with bacon, but I'm pretty sure you've convinced me with these!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You know these were really really REALLY good and they held me until I went to lunch/dinner Sunday afternoon. It was the perfect combination of all the ingredients.....you are truly talented Momma...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whoa! great way to change up a premade product.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey! These look amazing! I am in L-O-V-E with Trader Joes. Unfortunetly we don't have them here in Utah, so I stalk them down whenever I go out of the state. Still look at your blog often, everything looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow! great idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. i'm not gonna lie, the bacon threw me off, but i would sooo still be a willing participant.

    and why doesnt my tjs have the cream cheese spread?!

    ReplyDelete
  25. peanut butter cream cheese? where has THAT been hiding?! dawn, you've rocked my world with this one. i like the 'easy' part, i like the 'bacon' part, i like the 'cinnamon roll' part, and i like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. These look awesome! Thanks for sharing the recipe :).

    ReplyDelete
  27. You sure you didn't eat the 6th one?? Looks mighty good!

    ReplyDelete
  28. it is reasonable of you to post these for me to read.I walk out with one time as plenty of things as I expected to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  29. HAAAAAAAAA! How'd you think of this? You need to move on back to CA, so we can make deliciously bad things together. It'd be a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I read the title and the new I click ... you let me lead with bacon! These look great! I think I have food on the spot creativity, how do you do.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This looks awesome!!!!! Too bad eat paleo ... otherwise, I'd definitely give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fun! I love the creativity with these. I think I might have to steal the concept and make a homemade version!

    ReplyDelete
  33. That is unreal. i neeeed to get my hands on some pb cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I just started reading your blog last week and was catching up with past posts today. Sadly I am no longer going to be able to read your blog because it is putting my hips in s e r i o u s trouble! Do tell, what can I do with the rest of the PB cream cheese besides eating it on my finger! (kidding, I have big plans for this stuff, BIG plans!)

    ReplyDelete
  35. ANYTHING and I do mean ANYTHING that uses PB cream cheese from trader joes is automatically the answer to world peace.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm mad I just read this now because I was at TJ 2 days ago. Now I have another reason to go...tonight! Because these look like they can't be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  37. These sound so decadently good!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Share

Get This