2/14/14

friday links

Happy Valentine's Day!

IMG_4299
How this foodie does Valentine's Day.

IMG_4277
Before all the snow moved in...(Nauset Beach, Wellfleet, MA)
IMG_4275

IMG_4306
Treasure hunters out on Corporation Beach in Dennis.
One never knows what the sea will wash up with all these winter storms we've been having.

IMG_4320
Low tide in east dennis, ma. In a couple months this beach will be filled with people,
hard to imagine now that it's 20 degrees and very blustery.
IMG_4308
Lands end in Dennis, MA.
A couple days ago this was covered over with the ocean.
One day it's calm and beautiful, the next day it's covered with raging waves and snow.

IMG_4290
Sagamore Bridge, Cape Cod, MA--gateway to cape cod.
Have you crossed it? Rather have you sat in traffic on it?

IMG_4310
Imagine having this view every day? Dennis, MA

IMG_4280
New ice cream joint on the cape: The Local Scoop in Orleans on cranberry highway.
Make your own sundae.
They have nutella whipped cream!

52fd642f697ab06c99001fe0._w.270_s.fit_ (1)

**Someone very sweet, went and nominated my  blog on The 2014 Homie Awards via The Kitchn.
First, whoever did that thank you so much!
And second, since I'm up there, I would love to see how far I can get up there; be kind of neat to get in the top 20 or top 10?
Would you mind voting for me?
That would just be so neat.  And thank you so much if you did and to whoever went ahead and nominated little old me. 


Around the web:

researcher uses controversial experiments to prove our thoughts & intentions can alter our physical world
misunderstanding orange juice as a health drink
25 horrible things that happen when you don't get enough sleep
20 minute sriracha sauce
how to make your own sprinkles
little french fudge cakes
many benefits of turmeric (Dr. Weil)
how to make turmeric tea
how to respond to negative people without being negative
18 north carolina patients possibly exposed to rare brain disease
normal physical activity obliterates the deleterious effects of high caloric intake
gluten sensitivity may be misnomer for distinct illnesses to various wheat proteins
potential tactics for defeating cancer
dark chocolate addiction is driving up the price of chocolate
everything you need to know about selenium
deep fried peanut butter & jelly sandwiches!
stop obsessing over alignment in yoga class
birthday cake M&M's are here
how about a custom, luxury, rolling cabin?
difference between omega 3's in fish oil vs. flaxseeds?
why writers are the worst procrastinators
I want this cookbook so badly: How Can It Be Gluten Free from America's Test Kitchen
how to correctly check you cats vitals
DIY sequined chocolate boxes (gorgeous!)
homemade tortilla chips (guess what? it's easy!)
coconut butter & nutella pie pops
quick & easy mongolian beef
homemade strawberry almond milk
kitchen 101: cooking fats & oils
are you ruining your coffee by grinding the beans the wrong way?
graham cracker cookies
homemade welsh cakes
samoas rice krispies treats
manhattan cocktail truffles
how to build a better oatmeal muffin recipe
is pasteurized juice a good choice or not?
dark chocolate quinoa cake w/ peanut butter frosting

IMG_4302

IMG_4295
Whole Foods is my perfect valentine's!
Can't wait till they open on the cape, hopefully this summer?

Have a wonderful weekend!

11 comments:

  1. What adorable cupcakes! Happy Valentines Day, Dawn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband's job took us from the Boston area to Chicago over 20 years ago. We never dreamed we'd be here as long as we have been, but the plan has always been to go back to retire on the Cape. We're heading there next week to check on the construction of our retirement home in Falmouth. I am beyond excited! In the meantime, your photos brought a big smile to my face, and I'm still smiling. :-) Thanks for the heads up on The Local Scoop. You had me at Nutella whipped cream. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, you take the most amazing photos. I really enjoyed that coffee bean video you posted, because I am such a coffee fiend. :) I hope you had a great valentines day - and I'm jealous. Whole Foods loves you and I haven't even met them....yet. They should be opening soon in my area!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your man rocks! Such a great gift. I agree with Shelby, your photographs are just awesome. Strawberry almond milk? YUM! And nutella whipped cream?? I'm in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any man who gives you Nutella is worth keeping.
    Happy Valentino Day, doll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that ice cream places makes me want to take a day trip to the Cape! haven't been out there in about 2 years.. and I've been stuck in traffic on or before that bridge many times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pictures remind me spring actually will come one day. If I didn't know it was winter, I'd think it was 70 degrees. Gorgeous pics as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll go vote for you right after I finish this comment! Great list of links, as always. And a fun post! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I would love to have that ocean view every day. And, that sundae. And, now I want to make homemade tortilla chips.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful photos! My husband's aunt lives in Dennis, MA, and it sure is nice there. You've compiled some awesome links here as usual :) In particular, I NEED those bday cake m&ms. What took them so long to come up with that?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous landscapes and lovely links!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Share

Get This