12/13/13

friday links

Happy Friday!

First off, biz stuff I gotta share, then we can go on to the fun stuff...OK?

I have gotten so many emails from fans telling me they aren't seeing my posts on Facebook.
I realize Facebook has it's own algorithms on what you see.
So here is a couple ideas on how to crack some of those algorithms:
On my vanillasugarblog Facebook page, first make sure you've LIKED the page.
And what I suggest is to UNLIKE the page, then LIKE it again. That worked for me, now on to the next step.
Take your arrow and hover it over the "Liked" button,  a drop-down menu should appear and you'll see "Get Notifications" --make sure this is checked!
Last step you can take to ensure you are seeing my posts is to find a recent of post of mine (any post really), click the LIKE, and leave a comment.
Apparently if you comment on a post, be it a friend or business, Facebook remembers what you like, and what you've commented on, so it will then continue to show you future posts from it.
Now this is what I've heard from other fan pages, so I'm hoping all these steps will work and you'll be all set.
Make sure to do it for the other pages you like on Facebook as well.
AND it has to be done for your friends on Facebook too!

I go to Chipotle a lot. Great food at a reasonable price, plus we finally have one on cape cod!
And I've now figured out a way to have apps and a meal in one burrito bowl.
Next time you order, ask for extra sour cream and cheese on top.
Take your chip bag, dose it with the Chipotle Tabasco sauce and shake bag, repeat again.
Now you have apps on top and a meal on the bottom.  Oh yeah baby!
IMG_3676

Gingerbread Twix!
So yeah these are crazy good.
Don't buy them!
IMG_3690

I love peppermint taffy.
These are from a local business here in MA Hill Top Candy.
Found theme at Whole Foods in Hingham, MA
IMG_3677

We have a new way to get energy!  Through candy! It's like an M&M with caffeine and B-vitamins.
Introducing Energems. Energems supplements are bite-sized, hard-coated gems made with real milk chocolate. They contain caffeine, B-vitamins and a unique energy blend.
IMG_3704

If any of you are from Massachusetts or used to live here, you might remember the infamous Jordan Marsh?  Remember the Enchanted Village at Jordan Marsh?
Jordan Marsh had closed it's doors in the late 90's I believe?  And was bought by Macy's.
Not wanting to lose the memory of the enchanted village, the owners of Jordans Furniture purchased the village and now has it on display in their Avon location every year.
I also found the recipe for the INFAMOUS Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffin!  Remember those?
Here are a few photos of the Enchanted Village that I snapped on my recent visit.

IMG_3630

IMG_3632

IMG_3633

IMG_3634

IMG_3635

IMG_3636

IMG_3637

IMG_3638

IMG_3639

There is also an indoor fake ice skating rink for the kids. By fake I mean it's not ice, but a plastic composite that gives the illusion of it being ice.
IMG_3631

New flavor out for Harmless Harvest: cinnamon & clove.  Have you tried it?
IMG_3668

I am in love with this cookbook: Hoosier Mama Book of Pie
Don't know what to get the foodie in the family?
Get this cookbook.  It is stunning!  Have some of the best, and most kicked up pie recipes I've ever
seen.  Right now they are out of stock on Amazon, but you can still order one for later date.
Just a handful of examples: pulled pork pie, corned beef hand pies, cranberry chess pie, vinegar chess pie, hoosier sugar cream pie, orange cream pie..... They include all the sweet pies according to the season, all the cream/custard/curds pies, desperations pies, chess pies, over-the-top pies, turnovers, savory pies, hand pies, etc.. I mean literally every angle of pie AND crust is covered!
IMG_3648
IMG_3649
Trust me, you will not be disappointed with Hoosier Mama Book of Pie; there is a pie for everyone in here; it's a big book of pie--it'll keep you busy baking all winter long.

Around the web:

triple chocolate donuts (I think we should start off with donuts!)
how long did your ancestors live while eating bacon, lard, whole milk...
balsamic beef soup (sounds so good!)
the self-cleaning brain (hint: it involves sleep)
75 year study: what men need to live a happy life
stomach stretches when you've eaten too much
gluten and schizophrenia?
why you should practice meditation
salted chocolate-rye cookies (printing!)
2013 haters guide to williams sonoma
the ripoff report: consumer reporting, by consumers, for consumers, to file & document complaints about companies or individuals.
peppermint cream thumbprint cookies
sweet potato rounds (excellent & easy appetizer idea!)
william li: can we eat to starve cancer (research is there)
50 ways to use eggnog
how to live a more meaningful life in 7-days
whole foods DIY decorations (some are good, some suck)
man behind the Taco Bell Doritos taco dies at 41
DIY gingerbread marshmallows
the chemistry of cookies
gingerbread muffins
cranberry & pistachio couronne
candy cane mug cake
eggnog macaroons
toxic elements in organic foods?
onions & garlic are anti-cancer foods
OK who has a squatty potty?
bacon bark!! oh my
paleo cheesecake w/ ganache
10 easy christmas paper ornaments
DIY beef pho
chipotle-caramel sauce!!!
acupuncture for depression
inflatable unicorn hat for cats (I know, I know!!)
inside-out buckeye cookies (gluten free)
how to "flood' royal icing
saying 'please' & 'thank you' makes a difference in price at french cafe
can bad weather cause joint ache?
memo sticky roll--yes it's on a roll! brilliant!
chocolate spice-gingerbread
why does my face turn bright red when I work out?
12 days of cookies!
microbiome candy: a probiotic candy to prevent cavities?
cooking with splenda releases cancer causing dioxins
is your olive oil really 'virgin'?
tourtiere biscuits (I've already printed these)

Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. OHMYGOSH! I totally forgot about Jordan Marsh. When we first lived in MA, I remember there was one at the Rockingham mall (thats the name of the mall right? Up in NH?). Those inside out buckeyes look amazing. I love your Friday posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1). No joke, I am working on one of those GB twix bags right now.....damn you target!

    2). Familiar with Jordan Marsh but not the enchanted village. BUT as I am a western Masser we have Yankee Candle And their crazy Bavarian Village.

    3). Hadley, Ma now has a Chipotle and I really need to check it out!
    Oh, and acupuncture for depression? Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Frito-corn-chip pie crust is wild!
    The Enchanted Village is very cute - thanks for sharing your pics. I love the old fashioned soda fountain.
    Gingerbread Twix?!
    I've gotta jet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gingerbread twix??? That sounds so dangerous! Also, I go to Chipotle at least once a week. I can't help it, it's almost all I ever want. Thanks for including me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, gingerbread twix? Yum. I'm sure you have wonderful memories of those window displays, but the people in that enchanted village totally creep me out!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Share

Get This