10/25/13

friday links

Happy Friday!

IMG_3223
I get so excited when I see Whole Foods Markets across the USA are becoming more and more proactive about displaying what foods have GMO's. Like this sign (above) as seen in my local
Whole Foods at the produce station.
Keep your eyes out for them; they are super informative.
I know they have a labeling system in place and it should be appearing soon on hopefully all their foods in store.
We have a right to know what foods are made/grown with GMO's.

IMG_3220
Have you tried Siggi's yogurt yet?
Honestly I cannot stand all those sugar-laden, dye infested yogurts in the supermarkets.
Was so thrilled when I got introduced to Siggi's a few years back.
Just honest, pure yogurt.  The ingredients are what you recognize:
Pasteurized Skim Milk, Strawberries, Cane Sugar, Fruit Pectin, Live Active Cultures:
B. lactis, L. acidophilus, L. delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus,
L. delbrueckii subsp. lactis, S. thermophilus
It's a very thick yogurt, a great hefty snack filled with probiotics.
Find out where to buy some, you love them. Plus they have a new coconut flavor AND
now have drinkables & squeezable tubes for kids!  What a great way to get more probiotics
into your kids.  Especially with cold & flu season coming up.

IMG_3219
Did you see this?
Freeze dried pumpkin!  The pumpkin craze has gone bonkers.
Has anyone tried this? (saw it at Whole Foods)

IMG_3221
More pumpkin craze! (saw this at Whole Foods)
Anyone tried this?  Is it sweet or salty?

IMG_3222
This is new Snap Super Candy.
I didn't try it, but heard is was candy in the form of  b vitamins to boost your energy, antioxidants to keep your immune system strong, and electrolytes to help you stay hydrated. With flavors of gummy texture (berry), bean shaped (berry), caramel, citrus, and tart.

IMG_3241
Last week I got to see (up close and personal) an RV-7.
An RV-7 is a two-seat, single-engine, low-wing homebuilt airplanes.
They are tiny, but powerful.  I didn't get to up in it....yet.  (working on it).
If you're an airplane nerd (like myself) here is some more info on them.
IMG_3240
Pretty neat right?  I mean even if you're not into airplanes you gotta admit this is cool.

IMG_3235
Bought some cupcakes from Cupcake Charlies for a party.
My favorite? Hostess with the Mostess (aka Hostess cupcake clone).
IMG_3234
They also have cake shots!
IMG_3233
And frosting shots.
IMG_3238
This ocean shot was too pretty not to share with you all.
Just like glass. (east dennis, ma)

Around the Web:

8 foods high in magnesium
Dad frustrated with daughters tantrum turns it into a very funny video
DIY Halloween mellowcreme pumpkins (oh so clever!)
Wonderful story (true) written by Karrie's Mom (and good for you Karrie!)
Stopping nosebleeds (does this work?)
Snack recipe: yogurt covered cranberries (has anyone tried this yogurt coating--did it work?)
"different" health tips from Dr. Mercola (some good, some ok)
How to be a better cook from Scientific American
4 health benefits of beets (I share this as I'm big into "drinking" beets now, my skin has been fabulous!)
DIY homemade buttermilk & cultured butter
Can we please stop with the fat shaming now?
Why is Denmark considered the happiest country?
Pomegranates reverse junk food damage? Hmmm (I know they are very good for your blood flow)
The cost of eating well: how to eat better for less money
I would LOVE to try this yoga inversion swing for my lower back. Anyone tried this?
Want to find haunted houses in your state? Go to hauntworld
Iconic airports--where are they now?  (love reminiscing over these)
8 things I learned from the Bhagavad Gita (interesting read)
Rob "Gronk" Gronkowski is holding all-womens football camp at Harvard?
Remember that woman that spilled coffee and sued McDonalds?
3 Chinese teachings that can change your life
Want to go to space? In a balloon?
250 ft below 3 feet of ice, Stig Severinsen sets new world record
This Dad made a better Halloween costume for his kid that you can.
Artisan Cookie Butters from Gooey on the Inside!  (please send samples!)
Protein safeguards against cataracts (promising news)
New links between sleep deprivation, immune system discovered
Another great health benefit from snacking on almonds
Slow cooker boeuf bourguignon (printed this one!)
BEST Halloween decoration ever! Turning your quadcopter into a flying ghost
A step towards early Alzheimer diagnosis 
I'm so sad!  The "Moonstruck" Cammareri Bakery files for bankruptcy!
Knowing when your book is finished


Have a wonderful weekend!
Don't forget to enter the G.H. Cretors Gourmet Popcorn Giveaway!






8 comments:

  1. The links are exceptionally good this week! From yogurt covered cranberries to the Bhagavad Gita to knowing when your book is finished. NICE work! And I would love those pumpkin chips right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that tantrum video=hilarious! I want to try the freeze dried pumpkin and the pumpkin tortillas! Nom nom! I can do pumpkin in any form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did see this using the yogurt coarting...http://msfatbootybakes.wordpress.com/2013/08/26/yoghurt-coated-raw-energy-balls/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been talking about the horrors of GMO's all weekend! glad to see that whole foods (and you!) are making people aware, too.
    i haven't tried siggi's, but i'm going to have to now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ocean shot! And I must check out that link about knowing when your book is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to your links every week! And now I want to eat so much artisan cookie butter that I need to eat even more pomegranates to counteract it ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy they're doing the labeling too. The ocean looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Siggi's is SO good! I just had the coconut flavor with some blackberries as my "dessert" after lunch today. SO good!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Share

Get This