12/18/11

raspberry-chocolate blondies

raspberry-chocolate blondies

Do I like blondies?
I do. They're ok. I mean I like the dough better than the cooked version really. Blondies (cooked) remind me of an over-floured chocolate chip cookie. And they are a bit boring. I try to jazz em up a bit from time to time. Truly I think the best way to dress up a butter-vanilla dough is with fruit and some sort of chocolate background. As it is raspberry and chocolate are an excellent combo to begin with; to then go and house them in a buttery, chewy house just makes it all the better--no brainer really.
So these are super easy to whip up. If you still have no clue what to give as a baked good to a friend or party, these might be the one? Plus it's different--different is good when you show up to a holiday party/dinner/function right?

raspberry-chocolate blondies


raspberry chocolate blondies
print recipe

10 TB unsalted butter, room temp
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 ts baking powder
3/4 ts salt
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 ts pure vanilla extract
1 pint raspberries
Not even a ½ cup melted milk or semi-sweet chocolate (8 ounces or less of chips, for drizzling)
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting, optional

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Grease up an 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray or butter or if you prefer using parchment paper then do so
In medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside.

In a glass or cup, mix the eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
In a large bowl mix the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; cream on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Then add in eggs and vanilla mixing well.

Pour batter into prepared pan; spread with a rubber spatula or wet hands.

Place the raspberries on top of batter.

Bake in oven for about 25-35 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into blondies comes out “almost” clean; okay to have a few bits of crumb on the cake tester. Cooking times vary depending on oven, so please check at 25 minute mark. Cool brownies at least an hour.
Melt the milk chocolate over a double boiler. Then drizzle over cooled brownies for decoration. Dust with confectioners' sugar before cutting into squares, optional.

25 comments:

  1. aw! I love blondies! They're totally yummy! This raspberry chocolate version looks ridiculous good. The drizzle...drool

    ReplyDelete
  2. love blondies. love raspberries. love chocolate. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love blondies, and raspberries, and chocolate.

    ill take the whole pan please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love blondies...I can't help it...I've just always been more of a vanilla than a chocolate person!

    I also love that you used real whole raspberries in these instead of jam. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty positive these taste as amazing as they look! Where's taste-o-vision when you need it! DOH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love chewy Blondes and you had me with raspberries and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooooooo, those look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love blondies, but this definitely is a delicious way to jazz them up!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am too on the fence about blondes, but I am sure I would eat whatever one you put in front of me as long as you made em!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Un gâteau bien gourmand
    Je te souhaite un bon mardi
    Valérie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the look of these! I've never tried blondies, but I Love brownies so hey! Looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look wonderful! A great flavor combination.

    Happy Holidays!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel the same way about blondies but I am thinking the raspberry-chocolate combination would really make these shine!!!

    Hope you have a wonderful holiday season and happy new year Dawn!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. One of those simple things I would probably just wolf down!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love blondies...and raspberry chocolate makes them even better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're such a genius. What a good idea to add chocolate and raspberries to blondies! They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like blondies - but you're right the dough is usually better! Rasp and choc are just so perfect together - yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  18. YUM! Who doesn't love blondies. . .Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. raspberry and chocolate are lovely together! sensational.

    ReplyDelete
  20. love raspberries and chocolate :) i love a good blondie, as long as it's not cake-y... posting a pumpkin version... when i have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not much of a blondies fan either but these look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mhmm I love blondies. These look so delish.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The raspberry and chocolate combo in these blondies would be really good!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Share

Get This