5/23/11

white chocolate-cranberry quick bread w/ lemon glaze



Quick and easy coming right up! And let me just say this was super tasty too. I know we all love our Trader Joes, but what I love more is a bargain AND something super-tasty. This bread when I first baked it was ok, just a little dry, and a little bland. They do put a lot of cranberries in the mix, thankfully. I decided to jazz it up a bit, with white chocolate chips since they, when melted have a nice buttery taste. Perfect! And then the gentle lemon glaze made it fabulous. You simply have to try this. This is the perfect last minute gift for whatever pops up. They'll never know it was from a box. Never never know I swear. My friends didn't--well they do now.


A big congrats to the winner of the giveaway. It was Valerie, lucky #99, She won the over-sized boxes of Guylian Chocolates and the amazing Nespresso machine. Congrats Val! Let us know what espresso and chocolate creations you make with it? What a fabulous machine. A very special "thank you" to Guylian Chocolates for donating these prizes.

I am working on getting another BIG PRIZE giveaway coming up soon. Only the biggest and best gifts for my fans!



white chocolate-cranberry bread w/ lemon glaze

white chocolate-cranberry quick bread w/ lemon glaze
print recipe

1 box of Trader Joe’s Cranberry Bread
(plus all the ingredients the box direction calls for)
½ cup – ¾ cup good quality white choco chips

Glaze
1 large lemon
3-4 TB of confectioners sugar, sifted

Cook notes: the glaze is very very mild. I only wanted a hint of lemon on there as the bread is very sweet on it’s on; so I did not use a strong glaze. Feel free to use whatever you want. The white chocolate chips make this cake very moist and almost buttery-like tasting. You could probably do this in a bundt pan, just reduce the cooking time by 5 – 10 minutes.

Mix cranberry bread according to box directions. Preheat oven according to box directions. Grease up or butter up a loaf pan, pour ¾ batter into pan, sprinkle the white chocolate chips, then pour on the remaining ¼ batter. Tap pan to get out excess air. Bake according to box directions or until cake tester comes out clean.
Let cool in pan about 10 minutes then flip onto wire rack. Prepare the glaze by mixing the lemon juice with the confectioners sugar. It’s a very mild and gentle glaze. If you want a stronger/thicker glaze then add in more confectioners sugar and/or lemon juice.

23 comments:

  1. I love the combination of cranberries and white chocolate... toss in a lemon glaze, and I'm sold ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love when you use box mixes. they make me feel validated, esp. when i got a mean comment recently from a reader who said i'm too informal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS how you jazzed it up and made it your own. You Dawn-afied it :) I don't like white chocolate on its own, but sometimes its SO good in baked goods!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man....come on you couldn't help a sista out and rig the giveaway? lol
    Ohhh guess what..I finally made it to Trader Joes when I went to blogger food in Atlanta. I fell in love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This bread is indeed very moist and yummy. The cranberry and white chocolate is always perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though I'm a from scratch person, I love having a list of quick and easy items in my arsenal and using Trader Joe's products is absolutely a perfect place to start. Their items are SO well made so please continue to use them--love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Valerie. What a great prize. The recipe for the white chocolate cranberry quick bread sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! This looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bread looks amazing- breakfast, coffee time, or dessert. I know what I'm doing this afternoon... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love cranberries + white chocolate together. this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you did with it to make it a good boxed bread mix

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are quite the jazzer upper. Anytime I need my jazz upped. I'm going to you (doesn't that sound so incredibly dirty and rife with euphemism?). Love that lemon glaze!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Trader Joe's is great for having products that you can easily fix up. No one has to know it came from a box!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love this. exactly what i need for a quick gift! thnks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What did we do before Trader Joe's existed? I always find something new and wonderful that I just have to have whenever I go there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving this bread! I think I may need to hit TJ's today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations to Valerie. This bread looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is some MOIST and pillow-soft bread, dawn, and i love those flavors together. atta girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A box mix, seriously? And from a store that's not available within a hundred miles? You're killing me: (

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! this sounds so great.. gonna try this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I went to Tj's, got the mix, got some white chocolate chunks from whole foods and then went to town to make the bread. Waited the ten minutes for the bread to cool and then flipped it over....Ugh! Part of the bottom of the bread got stuck to the loaf pan! Bummer....white chocolate chunks did not melt all the way either....My husband came walking out of his office, saw the bread and said, "So, are you going to work some cake magic?" Hmmm....cranberry white chocolate trifle, I suppose. I will try this again, but I think I will line the bottom of my loaf pan with parchment paper next time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I went to Tj's, got the mix, got some white chocolate chunks from whole foods and then went to town to make the bread. Waited the ten minutes for the bread to cool and then flipped it over....Ugh! Part of the bottom of the bread got stuck to the loaf pan! Bummer....white chocolate chunks did not melt all the way either....My husband came walking out of his office, saw the bread and said, "So, are you going to work some cake magic?" Hmmm....cranberry white chocolate trifle, I suppose. I will try this again, but I think I will line the bottom of my loaf pan with parchment paper next time.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Share

Get This