12/16/08

really, no I mean really, cheesy crackers

Italian cheese crackers

Are there some of you out there that love cheese crackers? Always have box or two of cheese crackers in the cupboard? And each and every time you buy a new box of cheese crackers you hope & pray that this type of cheese cracker will actually TASTE cheesy? Yeah, I thought so. Well, look no further. Here is the ultimate cheese cracker. This cracker is so cheesy (how cheesy is it?) that after just one little cracker you will be seriously satisfied. After two crackers you will be reaching for a drink because you're so thirsty.
Another great blessing in disguise? They are super easy to make. Perfect to serve for a holiday party. Look at the edges, they get a nice golden color to them. I love how lightly crisp these are. Now, these do have a bit of heat to them which I love, but if you don't like heat then omit the cayenne. Sorry the pics aren't that great this time around--we've have days of rain, no sun, so I'm lacking my natural light for good photos.

Italian cheese crackers

Savory Italian Cheese Crackers
By Dawn

1 cup AP flour
1 cup Parmesan, grated
1 stick salted butter, cold & cut into chunks
½ to 1 ts Rosemary (depending on taste preference)
3 sun-dried tomatoes (on oil)
2 dashes of cayenne (optional)
1/2 ts salt
a dash or two of half & half or cream (if needed)

In a food processor combine flour, cheese, butter, rosemary cayenne, salt, and sun-dried tomatoes.
Pulsate a few times until the dough forms dough-likeness, take it out of the food processor and place it on your kitchen counter or cutting board.
Shape the dough into a log and place it on a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap tightly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Use a really sharp knife, slice the dough into ½ inch thick slices. These are supposed to look rustic, so no need to shape them into some sort of uniformity.
Bake the cookies for 10 - 12 minutes, until lightly golden brown. They do cook fast, keep an eye on first batch until you see how fast they do brown because the bottoms brown a lot faster than the tops.
Let them cool a bit before eating. As they cool they will harden a bit.

Note: my dough batter on a couple of occasions was very dry and hard to form into a long. So I added a dash or two of half & half and it came together perfectly. If you do add in the half & half please make sure to add in as little as possible as it only takes a tiny amount; add too much and you can ruin the dough.

31 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, cheesy. Sounds good to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These crackers looks so tasty! I love the new banner too I was so tempted by the picture yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, these crackers would certainly heighten the soup experience...hail, hail to cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cheese crackers and I love this recipe...can't wait to make them.

    I like your new banner picture - it's making me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been meaning to make some of these. They look good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummalicious! This does look great for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's like we're one in the same! I just posted cheesy crackers today too, lol. I freakin' love cheesy crackers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cheesier the better!! The crackers look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to try these. They look so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look amazing. My sister would love these for sure. She always says how all she ever eats is cheese and carbs. They're perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love cheesy crackers and would be perfect with a bowl is steamy soup.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that this post alone mentions the word "cheese" 10 times- that's how cheesy they are.

    Love the new header- looks so decadent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jeff would flip over those. He goes through cheesy crackers like it's his job. Bookmarking this one for when I owe him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love crackers. Those looks so easy to make & delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the thickness, wow and I love me some cheesy crack! I mean crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Goodness, you're right! I can almost BITE into the cheese through my screen! Very well done! I was just thinking they would be great with cayenne (of course! no other way!) and behold, they do have them! Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dawn my husband would go Crackers over these...hee hee! I couldn't resist! He would love the heat in these!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh man these look savory good! I've never seen cheese crackers this thick. I LOVE cheese so I must try these. Hey, that rhymed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yup - these do look great - but bring on the heat. No punks here!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dawn these remind me of the cheese straws they make in the south but I am liking this Italian version better. I was thinking of you last night as I was making candied nuts and I said, "I bet Dawn would be adding chili powder or cayenne to these." I kept them sweet but after reading how you like to kick things up a notch I may get brave one year and jack them up a bit! Thanks for the great recipes! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am dying to try these! I would e in cheese cracker heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How absolutely yummy these are...love the edges & all that went in! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everyone in the office loves your crackers

    ReplyDelete
  24. yeah...even the look of 'em puts cheez-its to shame. very nice, dawn. very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just wanted to stop by and wish you a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh yum..I am a Cheez-It addict..so I must make these!!1

    ReplyDelete
  27. yum. i'll be these are great snacks with olives and of course, more cheese! i'll try these out during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dawn, My mouth is watering for these! They look very addicting though. Could be dangerous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. uTorrent 3.5.5 Build Crack allows users to quickly download files from several pairs and supports RSS feeds, a programmer and a speed limiter.
    Solidworks Crack
    Bitdefender Total Security Crack
    NordVPN Crack

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Share

Get This