10/4/13

friday links

Happy Friday kids!

Been spending as much time as I can at the beach swimming, surfing, etc...
Our weather here on cape cod has been amazing; non-stop sun for weeks on end.
We got very lucky this summer with abundant sunshine.
You need to see the beauty....
IMG_3050
Love to see surfboards...I feel at home.
IMG_3052
Surfer girls waiting on swells (waves).
IMG_3053
Not a great day for surf BUT a perfect day for stand up paddleboard.
I'm saving my money for a new stand up board!
Hopefully next summer I'll have a new board!
IMG_3051
Can you see the seal on the left side (middle)?
IMG_3055
Ben & Jerry's has a new flavor: pumpkin cheesecake. I don't need to tell you how good it is right?
IMG_3011
The pumpkin bread mix from Trader Joe's is REALLY good.
IMG_3009
These are ok. What I love is the price, far cheaper than others.
IMG_3042
These pumpkin-like blondies weren't that good.
Didn't taste like pumpkin, tasted like a spiced candle.
Strange.
IMG_3059
Was asked to create a couple recipes for Kretschmer.
Any suggestions?
Kretschmer is an original superfood
IMG_3062
"163 Best Paleo Slow Cooker Recipes". A cookbook for Paleo AND a slowcooker?
Yes please!  Being able to keep the paleo eating going strong through the winter with this wonderful
cookbook. 
IMG_3061
"163 Best Paleo Slow Cooker Recipes" is loaded with creative Paleo recipes just for your slow
cooker.

Around the web:

s'mores swirl brownies
croque monsieur sliders!  Must make these!
oatmeal-cherry jam bars
pumpkin beers to try this Fall
15 tips to naturally balance your hormones (good advice, especially #6 and #12)
Do you suffer from IT Band Syndrome? It might be your posture!
gluten free buckeye brownies!
5-minute DIY herb facial.  Who knew it could be this easy?
when bacteria fights back: Q&A on the rising threat of drug-resistant microbes
mini pumpkin pie slice cookies (the best cookie decorating site)
cheeseburgers with mac & cheese buns!
why is my quinoa bitter?
the best anti-aging strategies are free
taste-test: nut milks from Three Trees
forks, knives & beakers: harold mcgee starts off his series at Harvard on cooking & science
tips for using apple cider in your baking
coconut chicken fingers (kicked up but still easy to make)
just in time for winter: turmeric tea
I LOVE butterscotch in pies.
chicken pot pie in whole wheat crust
simple homemade chicken soup: these are the kind of recipes I love
is there a website that reviews candy? YES. The candyblog.net
some of the most creative pumpkin recipes I've seen (thanks Kevin!)
DIY fresh ginger syrup. Perfection!
white chicken chili
now this is my kind of granola: homemade gingerbread granola
apple-cream cheese pie--what's not to love about this?
almond butter rice krispie treats! (bookmarked)

Books I'm swooning over:

51upkg68IaL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_
I could easily become a master in french eating.
Mastering the art of french eating.

51eYC0lkCKL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_
David's new book My Paris Kitchen is coming out soon!



Have a wonderful weekend!










13 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing my S'mores Swirl Brownies! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those BLUE sky pics and water - so tranquil. love.

    Have always wondered how the TJs pumpkin bread mix stands up (as judged by someone who knows how to cook and bake and can make their own from scratch stuff) and so I am impressed by your assessment!

    love the links as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for including me in your Friday links. Loving all these fall recipes. Definitely my favorite time of year! Still drooling over that pumpkin bread from TJ's ever since I saw it on Instagram. I think I need to make some AFTER I try the mac & cheese hamburger buns. Sounds like a well balanced meal to me these days. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pumpkin cheesecake ice cream caught my attention first, I need to replicate that! And then I opened the link to the mac n cheese burger...!!! I died

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those gorgeous blue shots! You transported me! Loved all these Friday links...I can't believe that fall is here! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for including my Chicken Pot Pie in a whole wheat crust! And, most importantly, thanks for letting me know that Ben & Jerrys now has a new pumpkin flavor! Yuuuummmyy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy that summer has decided to stick around longer! Great shots, Dawn, I'll keep my fingers crossed that Ben and Jerry's pumpkin cheesecake ice cream will find its way into my freezer very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please do no ever stop your Friday links. They are the best around...really!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pumpkin season is HERE!! Love your Friday links.
    Fr the wheat germ, see how it does as a stand-in for breadcrumbs in something like schnitzel??

    ReplyDelete
  10. can't wait to see what you do w the wheat germ - I have a whole bottle left too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to read My Paris Kitchen! And those Cape Cod photos are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The weather looks perfect there. It was a dreary weekend here but the week looks great. Stay away winter! Those pumpkin pie cookies are adorable and if you need me I'll be on that candy blog the rest of the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. But there are disposable blenders..I used to dream of dreaming of this https://mykitchenadvisor.com/best-single-serve-blenders/ 
..and I thought it was just a fantasy, but it happens in reality

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Share

Get This